… Read an email I received today from Oracle Corporation
I hope you are well.
I would like to introduce myself as your Oracle Linux and Oracle Virtual Machine Account representative for <name of employer I left in 2008>
I would like to set up a 5 minutes introduction call with you to discuss the following benefits of Oracle’s support for Red hat Linux:
- 60% cheaper than Red Hat Support.
- No Migration required from Red Hat to Oracle Linux
- Free Enterprise Manager (Equivalent to Satellite Server)
- Free Cluster Ware
- Life time support
- 24*7 support
- Zero downtime on updates. No reboot needed.
· Backporting, with the help of which you can stay the OS version! of your own choice their won’t be any forced upgrade or update sent from us.
· Our support cost is based on the number of Physical servers and Physical Processors, we support all the virtual environments created on top of a Physical machine unlike Red hat where you have to pay extra for Virtual environments.
I would really appreciate if you can please let me know the best time when we can have a discussion.
Once again thanks
I’ll not be bothering to schedule the call because:
- You can’t write in English
- You have hideously out of date contact info
- You wish to discuss 10 things in 5 minutes
Fortunately you didn’t mass mail this spam to anyone with a public blog.